Monday, January 12, 2009

GET TO KNOW.



I'm thinking about starting a monthly thing about bad ass dudes. I'll probably forget to do it every month or just keep putting myself, but for now, we're rocking with the illest dude ever, Tom Waits.

"if i ever met tom waits, i'd like to tell him that san diego serenade is the most beautiful thing i've ever heard in my entire life. i'd like to play him my rendition and recieve his praise. i'd like it if i could hang out with him for a while and buy him a johnny walker black on the rocks and say i wish i could buy him the blue but couldn't spare the money and he'd understand and say that he preferred black anyways. i'd like to tell him that he doesn't understand the profound impact that his music has had on my life and he'd wonder or not if i was bullshitting because i'm far too young and my pants are far too baggy to really wonder what it felt like to have clouds like head-lines on a new front page sky, but i hope he'd get it.

and he probably would. at least that's the way i plan it out"

-ryan dooley 'i'm on that shit,' 2007

No comments: